The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) is the hub of school – a spacious, well-utilised, area that can accommodate around 70 pupils.
There is a widespread range of fiction and non-fiction books, providing a variety of reading for all levels and interests. Titles are updated regularly, and pupils are encouraged to participate in the selection.
The LRC provides access to:
- Over 8 000 resources - covering all interests and reading abilities
- The internet, Microsoft Office Suite and subject revision materials via 22 computers
- Printing facilities – pupil’s require their lanyard to print
- Local and national newspapers
- Monthly magazines and subject related periodicals
- Reading Cloud online quizzes to test pupils subject specific, and general, knowledge
- Reading schemes, book talking and author events, competitions
- LRC volunteering opportunities
- Dedicated post 16 study area
- Stationery shop
- Chess and drafts sets available during break and lunch times