The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) is the hub of school – a spacious, well-utilised, area that can accommodate around 70 pupils.
There is a widespread range of fiction and non-fiction books, providing a variety of reading for all levels and interests. Titles are updated regularly, and pupils are encouraged to participate in the selection.
To access and search the Library catalogue please click here, then please e-mail book requests to Library@thecedarsacademy.org.uk
The LRC provides access to:
- Over 8 000 resources - covering all interests and reading abilities
- The internet, Microsoft Office Suite and subject revision materials via 22 computers
- Printing facilities – pupil’s require their lanyard to print
- Local and national newspapers
- Monthly magazines and subject related periodicals
- Reading Cloud online quizzes to test pupils subject specific, and general, knowledge
- Reading schemes, book talking and author events, competitions
- LRC volunteering opportunities
- Dedicated post 16 study area
- Stationery shop
- Chess and drafts sets available during break and lunch times